Wednesday, February 23, 2005

"Hello World"

I've finally been convinced to enter the world of un-self-deprecating fame and notoriety. The first step will be to pretend that someone will be interested in reading what I have to say, the next step will be to find something to say. I suppose I'll probably end up rambling mostly about motorsports, cycling, sports, music, coffee, and life. I'll keep my academic thoughts mostly on my other blog, so as not to bore old-school Celica fans with constrained optimization of graphical model parameter estimates, and to avoid embarassing myself in front of potential academic colleagues by talking about 1UZ-FE sump locations and 80's hair metal bands.

I'll start with this: I hate computers. Why does Blogger refuse to work with Opera? And this: Europe is fun. Yes, the continent, too, though I was talking about the Swedish band responsible for The Final Countdown.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yaroslav Bulatov said...

I had the same problem when I started using GMail because it doesn't work with Opera either. I've worked at OSU's Central Web Services at one point, and I remember how much of a pain it was to get everything to show right on 3 different browsers. So with that in mind, I think chances are slim that google's stuff ie blogger, will start working with Opera soon.

I used to have Opera and IE open all the time because Opera didn't work with dynamic websites very well (ie my cell phone text messaging), now I'm using Mozilla instead of IE and it seems to work just as well.

The thing that's really missing in Mozilla is the ability to rearrange tabs. On other hand, I really like the Mozilla toolbar which integrates nicely with online services like blogspot, citeulike and delicious.

What *I* hate about computers (well, Windows in particular) is the resources limit. After using computer for a while, and opening lots of windows, the system runs out of graphical resources and strange things start happening. The resources limit (ie for things you get from USER or GDI calls) is fixed and independent of physical memory. One would've thought that the "640K is enough for everybody" would be a lesson taken, huh

8:28 PM  
Blogger E-Rock said...

I agree about tabs in mozilla. The main reason I use opera on my laptop, though, is speed. Even firefox is just too slow on my 600mhz crusoe chip. sigh.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home